Saturday, November 08, 2008

Taylor

I am listening to the album Landing by Taylor Duepree. From what I have read he is an American sound artist who runs his own label and is also a graphic designer. I have never seen a photograph of him but in my mind he is handsome and dreamy, with only a very light beard and an ash-brown fringe that occasionally falls over his eyes. He has a quiet confidence, a charisma, that draws to him both men and women. His parents either work or worked in quietly confident industries, like sociology studies or architecture. They gave him such an exotic name because they knew he would grow up to be a much-loved kind of person. He knows how to handle money and has a clean, minimal and well-designed wardrobe with a nod towards the street. He has a very expensive Apple computer but deliberately makeshift furniture. Compared to this imaginary Taylor Duepree I feel failed and timid.

2 comments:

random overtones said...

uh, i think you've just described YOU!

Marcus Whale said...

taylor's a fox, no doubt. I feel like that towards him too, but that's probably more to be expected since you're the dude being performed in new york!